Hi Track & Field Families-
We are in our final week of the season…what a fast season! The team competed well last week at the Varsity District meet in Roseburg…both boys and girls teams placing 2nd in the district. We have many kids competing this weekend at the State meet at Hayward Field-May 19 & 20! Here is link to the schedule. Also here is a link to list of Sheldon athlete’s times of competition at State.
A few team notes as we begin to wrap up the season.
End of the Year Awards Banquet-Thursday May 25th in the Sheldon Cafeteria at 6:00 pm
- All athletes and families are invited to attend. (If you cannot attend please let me know & I will make arrangements to get items to student)
- The event is a potluck style. We ask Seniors to bring drinks and all other grades to bring a snack, dessert, finger foods, etc
- We will be showing a team slide show starting at 5:45 & the slide show of the season can be purchased for $15 if interested.
- Athletes can return their uniforms at the banquet
- Uniforms-If not attending the banquet; uniforms can be turned into Coach Erin at the track practice May 16 & 17 or into the school athletic dept.-please put in a bag with your name on it so that you get credit for turning in uniform.
- Fundraising Letters-Thanks to all the families that participated in the letter campaign. Thank-you notes went to all donors. If you have any interest of know who donated on behalf of your son/daughter please let me know.
As the season comes to a close it is always sad to say good-bye to our seniors. Overall a great season with so many young talented athletes ready for next season. We very much appreciate your support throughout the season. Our sport provides an opportunity for all kids to be part of a team and shine! I am always so proud of their accomplishments.
Please let me know if you have any questions.