Good Morning XC Families,
Team Dinner Friday October 6th at Dana Hamilton’s House-2395 Lariat Drive
Please bring the following:
9th-Fruit or Green salad
XC Meet Saturday October 7th
Bryant Park: 888 Bryant Way Southwest, Albany Oregon 97321
There is a $5.00 parking fee in Bryant Park. The parking fee gets you a meet program.
(There is also plenty of parking outside of the park with a short walk)
The meet will have concessions & meet t-shirts available for sale
Athletes will load the bus at 7:00 am Saturday morning at Sheldon
*If you plan to take your athlete home from meet please email Coach Erin Regali so that I can plan the # of buses.*
9 – Coaches Meeting
9:30 – Frosh/Soph JV Girls
10:10 – Frosh/Soph JV Boys
10:50 – Jr/Sr JV Girls
11:30 – Jr/Sr JV Boys
12:10 – Open/Middle School
12:40 – Varsity Girls
1:20 – Varsity Boys
1:50 – Drawing & Awards
Jamba Juice Cards – Reminder that each athlete received (5) Jamba juice cards to sell at $10.00 each. Please either sell the cards and turn money in or return the unsold cards to the coaches. We are responsible for the total inventory to Jamba Juice.
Sheldon Athletic Auction Thursday November 9th – Please be watching for information on this fun event. Our team will be responsible for creating silent auction baskets and an Oral auction item. We also need to sell (8) tickets or one table at the event. All proceeds from this event help the Athletic teams at Sheldon.
Looking ahead – Our season comes to an end on Wednesday October 25th (3 weeks away) with our District meet in Medford. The first race is at 2:00. Students will be missing the entire day of school. We discussed at the team meeting this week for them to be planning ahead for their classes. The District meet is an important meet for all athletes to attend.
Thanks for your support this season. Please help us by reminding your son or daughter the importance of attending practices and meets.
Thanks, Erin, Brayce and Anne
Good Morning XC!
XC team notes and announcements:
- Team Dinner-Thursday Night (9/28) at Thomas & Owen Grigsby’s Home. The address is 2350 Oakway Terrace. Reminder: 9th bring Salad (green or fruit), 10th bring drinks, 11th bring dessert & 12th bring bread. Thanks for helping make the teams dinners a success!
- This is the start of the cold and flu season-remind your kids to hydrate, eat well, lots of rest! So important to take care of themselves, this can be a difficult part of the season, but it all comes to an end in 4 weeks!
- XC Meet Saturday: Nike Portland XC at the Portland Meadows Race Track. The address is 1001 N. Schmeer Rd in Portland. The meet is a HUGE meet with 100’s of teams and several thousand runners. They do charge a $5.00 admission, cash only. (12 & under free) There is no seating, but are encouraged to bring a chair & no dogs. XC Nike apparel for sale too.
The team will load the bus at 7:00 am at Sheldon & Race schedule is as follows:
Girls Novice 3K-10:55
Girls Division 1-11:15
Boys Division 1-11:40
Boys Novice 3K-12:50
9/10 Girls: 2:25
We will have a bus returning to Sheldon. Please let us know ASAP if you plan to drive your son or daughter home from meet so that we can plan transportation.
It is a very long day, so please plan lunch, snack, chairs, clothing for a successful day!
Thank you again to all the families who supported our Team fundraiser! We very much appreciate the participation in the event as well as the donations made to the XC team.
This is the LAST call for XC clothing. If interested in any apparel, please contact me ASAP. Photos of the items are on our website. (www.sheldontfxc.org)
It’s time to take it from my living room to storage. : )
Please feel free to let us know if you have any questions!
Brayce, Anne & Erin
Hi XC Families-
Here are some important team reminders:
- Attendance-we expect athletes to attend scheduled practices. If there is a conflict, Communication is VERY important. We need them at practice as much as possible! Our first race is Thursday August 31st!
Garage Sale: Our first team fundraiser is Saturday August 26th from 9-3 at Sheldon Track area
Here is how you can help:
- We need tables at the event-if you have a table we can use please bring to practice this week-put your name on table so can be returned.
- Donations for the sale: We will accept donations any day this week at Sheldon practices at 4:00-Thank you!
- Athletes will have a short practice on Saturday at 8:00 am and then help us promote the sale with signs
- If you are interested in helping at the sale let us know
Time Trial-Friday August 25th: The team will do a 2 mile time trial on Friday. Races will be at 4:30 for girls and 4:50 for boys. The race will be held at the Irish trail located at the Buena Vista fields. You are welcome to come and cheer on the runners.
Parent Meeting-We encourage you and your athlete to attend the parent meeting on Tuesday August 29th at 6:00 pm in the Lecture hall in the Sheldon Building. NEW 2017 XC clothing will be for sale at this meeting.
Twilight River Run-Our team hosts a 5K run/walk on September 21st-Athletes will be asked to recruit runners, walkers or donations for the event. This event is our team’s primary fundraiser. More info to come this week.
OSAA Reclassification: Click here for letter providing information about the current proposal by OSAA placing Sheldon in a league with Bend schools and current Southern schools. This proposal is too much travel and loss of class time. It’s important that you voice your concern to OSAA!
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
Brayce, Anne & Erin