Click here for Nike Pre-nationals results on Athletic.Net
From the Register-Guard:
Reilly Bloomer and Jackson Mestler are on a short list of contenders for the Class 6A cross country title and both of them were encouraged by how they ran on Saturday at Nike Pre-Nationals.
Bloomer, of South Eugene, was fourth, and Mestler, a junior from Sheldon, was 10th in the Jim Danner Championship boys race.
In the girls race, Sheldon’s Gracie Todd finished ninth (18:22.8) and was the second-fastest Oregon finisher. South Eugene’s Sara Tsai (18:28.1) was 12th.
Continue reading meet recap from the Register-Guard newspaper
Pictures from the meet:
Continue reading Nike Pre-Nationals meet recap
Nike Pre-Nationals info on Athletic.Net
Friday evening update from Coach Tom Boldon:
Reminders for Saturday’s Meet in Portland:
- The meet is at the Portland Meadows Race Track 1001 N Schmeer Rd, Portland, OR 97217. Take I-5 North to Exit 306B.
- We have athletes in 13 races. Your son/daughter knows which race they are in.
- Please remember race singlet, race shorts, race shoes, filled water bottle, sack lunch, snacks. money for dinner stop on the way home, Secret Pal gift.
- There is a spectator fee of $5 per person, Please plan accordingly.
- These races are chip-timing, so athletes please do not crumple your race bib or you will not get an official time and could be disqualified.
- There are souvenir t-shirts for sale while supplies last. The short sleeve shirt is $20, the long sleeve shirt $25.
- Aloha High School is providing a concession stand with stuff for lunch, snacks and drinks.
- The kids need to be at the buses in front of Sheldon by 7:00 am tomorrow.
If you have any questions, please contact the coaching staff.
***Bus loads at 7:00 am in front of Sheldon on Saturday for
Nike Pre-National Meet at Portland Meadows***
Continue reading Sheldon XC Update 9-26-2014: Nike Pre-Nationals Info, Bus loads 7am at Sheldon on Saturday, latest Tom update
Click here for Sheldon XC Team Info for the meet
If you like cross country, really good cross country and lots of it, then Saturday, Sept. 27, is the day for you.
Sept. 27 is the date for the 35th annual Nike Pre-Nationals at Portland Meadows. The Nike Pre-Nationals Meet is one of the premier cross country meets on the west coast with teams coming from eight states and one from Shanghai, China.
The Nike Pre-National Meet will begin at 8 a.m. on Sept. 27 with an open Citizen’s race, followed by 3000-meter middle school boys and girls races. High school races will begin at 9:15 a.m. with the Division 3 Varsity Girls race. Gates will open at 7 a.m. and there is an entrance fee of $5 per person.
In total, over 120 teams with over 4,000 athletes will participate at the meet. There will be 17 different races including four divisions of boys and girls varsity races. The top varsity race for the boys and girls is the Jim Danner Championship where 25 of the top teams and individual athletes from the region, West Coast and USA will compete. The course is very similar to the Nike Cross National course that tests top programs from across the country in December.
Continue reading on www.OregonLive.com