Hello Sheldon HS Cross Country Runners, Parents, Coaches,
Please make note of the following information:
- Today’s practice (Fri, July 25, 4:30 pm at Alton Baker) is the last practice the coaching staff can attend until August 4, because Moretorium Week (Dead Week) is July 27-Aug 2. This means the coaching staff cannot have any contact, regarding cross country, with any of our athletes during this time. This is an OSAA rule for all sports.
- The Fall Sports Registration Day is Thursday, August 7, from 9:00 am to 2:00 pm in the Sheldon High School Cafeteria. Anyone wishing to participate in a fall sport at Sheldon needs to sign up on that day at the school. Please go to www.shs.lane.edu and click on Student Activities, then Athletics Department, then forms/fees to print off the forms you will need completed when you arrive.
- Mandatory practices begin August 18. A new calendar will be distributed the first week of August, with all the dates and times of practices for the first three weeks of the season. As a general rule, plan on M-F at 4 pm at Alton Baker, and also MWF at 8 am at Alton Baker, for the last two weeks of August.
- Until August 18 it would be great to see more runners joining us for summer team runs. We have been meeting Mondays 6:00 pm at Alton Baker Park; Wednesday 6:00 pm at Sheldon; and Fridays 4:30 pm at Alton Baker Park. The season is fast approaching, hint hint!
- Our biggest fundraiser of the season, the Twilight River Run, is scheduled for Thursday, September 25 at 6:00 pm at the EWEB fountain. If you know of any business, including your own, that would be interested in being one of our race’s sponsors, please let one of the coaches know. This fundraiser supports much of our season’s costs so any sponsorship we can get really helps. Please contact the coaching staff if you have any questions.
- We are putting the final touches on our team’s new-and-improved website, which we will be unveiling in mid-August. Please stay tuned for more information.
- And finally (for now), if anyone is receiving these emails and you or your son/fdaughter are not planning to participate in cross country this fall, please let me know so I don’t keep sending you stuff.
Sheldon Cross Country
Track & Field around town
Women’s 1500 Metres Final with U.S. runners Alexa Efraimson and Elise Cranny
Could not find a video of the Women’s 5000 final. Here is a post-race interview with former Sheldon runner Maggie Schmaedick.