A very busy week of XC Information for the team….Thanks for your support!
We are in the final countdown for our run!
- The team is hosting the Twilight River Run on Thursday September 22nd at 6:00 pm at EWEB Plaza-This is the Team’s only Fundraiser
- All athletes will volunteer at the run-We will ask kids to do their run and meet at EWEB plaza between 4:45 & 5:00 to volunteer
- All athletes were given entry forms and a tracking sheet to “track” their runners, walkers or donations for the event. Please remind them to turn into Coach Erin today or Wednesday at practice.
- Entries can be turned into Coach Erin, done at Eugene Running Co or online at www.eclecticedgeracing.com
- Participants can register at the event on Thursday, but there is a $5.00 increase
- We will have XC Clothing for sale at the event-New Green Nike ¼ Zips and Green Runner’s Caps are finally here and available!
We appreciate your support for the team!!
Nike Portland XC-Saturday September 24th-Portland Meadows Race Track
1001 N. Schmeer Road-Portland, Oregon 97217
Click here for Meet Info on Athletic.Net
- Meet Entries will be posted today at practice as to what race they are in
- Our first race will be at 11:40 & last team race is 3:40
- A great event, with 4600 athletes running…A fun course to run & watch!
- General Info: $5.00 entry for 12 & older, Event shirts available $20 & $30, Food concessions available, No dogs
- Instagram & Twitter: @nikeportlandxc
- We will provide transportation to and from the meet, if you plan to take your son or daughter home please let me know so I can plan our Buses. Often times so many kids ride home with their parents after meet we do not need (2) buses home.
- We will likely return to Eugene between 7:00 & 8:00 pm after a short stop for dinner
- Lost Found-I have many items from past meets-if you are missing something items will be at practice
- Encourage kids to write their names in their team shirts or gear so they do not lose them and can be tracked.
Please let us know if you have any questions-
Thanks & Go Irish!!
Brayce & Erin
Here are some updates on our XC Meet on Saturday:
Northwest Classic at Lane Community College
Load Bus: 9:30
Bus Leave: 9:45
Race Schedule: (Entries will be posted today at practice)
12:20 JV Girls (Scored)
1:00 JV Boys (Scored)
1:40 Varsity Girls
2:20 Varsity Boys
3:00 JV Boys & Girls Open Race
**We will have a bus returning to Sheldon after last race
**We do encourage kids to stay for the day to support the team!!
**If you do plan to take your kids home, please check out with Coach Erin and PLEASE allow the kids to do a cool down after their race
Don’t forget Secret Pals!!
Team Pasta dinner Friday September 16th at the Girard’s Home-More info to come at practice
Hi XC Families,
Happy First Day of School!
Reminders and Updates for the team:
- Important…We are stressing to the kids the importance of being on time and communication now that school has started. Practice begins at 3:45 every day and attendance is taken. We expect athletes to be at practice and meets throughout the season.
- Team Dinner Thursday September 8th at the Shelton’s Home. The address is 31976 Coburg Bottom Loop Road-Eugene
9th-Desserts 10th-Drinks 11th-Salads/Fruits 12th-Bread
**Last week’s Pasta dinner at the Webb’s home was great attendance and great good brought by all the Kids-Thank you!!
- Team Photos-Friday September 9th at 5:00 approx. -We will practice & then go to the courtyard for team pictures-packets were handed out at practice yesterday. Athletes should wear their green bottoms and green top.
- PLEASE make sure your son/daughter has at least (4) classes this term!
- XC Clothing – Click here for a PDF of clothing for sale. Please let me know if you want to purchase anything or view items as well
All Athletes owe $5.00 for their team Shirt-Please pay Coach Erin
- XC Meet on Saturday September 10th-Western Oregon University; Ash Creek Preserve-Monmouth, Oregon
Day of Race Schedule
Load Bus: 8:30
Bus Leave: 8:45
JV Boys: 12:00
JV Girls: 12:30
Twilight Run-September 22! All Athletes should be out there recruiting runners, walkers or donations for this event. This is the team’s primary fundraiser!!
Entries/Donation can be turned into Coach Erin or Eugene Running Co….or Online registration at www.eclecticedgeracing.com